We provide training and consultancy to organisations working with people who can display challenging behaviour. This includes services working with adults, young people and children.
Types of services include community groups, adult ID/LD services, mental health, addiction and homeless services, school and education settings, residential care, elder care, prison staff and foster carers.
The TCI system was developed at Cornell University, New York. The purpose of the TCI system is to provide a crisis prevention and intervention model for organizations that will assist in:
- Preventing crisis/challenging behaviour from occurring
- De-escalating potential crisis/challenging behaviour
- Effectively managing acute crises
- Reducing potential and actual injury to service users and staff
- Learning constructive ways to handle stressful situations
- Developing a learning circle within the organization