Counselling and Psychotherapy
We provide reduced cost counselling and psychotherapy to staff working in the area. This service is provided in Fairview, Dublin.
Visit www.corecounselling.ie for more information.
We offer external professional supervision to Directors, Manager and senior staff within organisations. With a view to enhancing outcomes, we use a four-function model which sees Support, Learning & Development, Accountability and Mediation as cornerstones to good supervision.
Supervision Training for Supervisors
This is a three day training programme which provides professional supervision training to supervisors. It follows a four function model as developed by Tony Morrison (2001). In this context supervision is seen as a partnership between supervisee, supervisor and the organization. The programme is targeted at supervisors who have responsibility for staff working with vulnerable people. This can include professionals who have a supervisory responsibility in social care, education and justice settings.
- Equip supervisors with the knowledge and skills to supervise staff constructively and effectively.
- Understand the tasks involved in the, developmental, supportive and meditative elements.
- Equip supervisors to establish and maintain appropriate agendas and boundaries in order to provide good outcomes.
- To understand the principles and purpose of supervision;
- To understand the components of and be able to negotiate a viable supervision contract;
- To understand and be able to apply Kolb’s Reflective Practice Cycle;
- To understand the role of supervision in promoting anti-discriminatory practice;
- To review and develop supervisory skills;
- To understand and be able to address the impact of anxiety on supervision and decision making;
- To understand how to give positive and critical feedback;
- To enable participants to review and record their current levels of competence and set goals to improve their supervisory practice.